Wednesday, July 8

supreme clientele

um,
here's the thing.....
i have a few really great clients.
that's real.
and most of them have been around for a while,
through some pretty big changes in my life here in the woodsly goodness.
i'm not dumb, duders-
i know how lucky that makes me.
one of 'em made me a three course vegan meal,
complete with a pitcher of iced tea,
and extra nootchy sprankles an' sh!t.
seriously, and that's pretty rad.
i always appreciate the heck out of gestures that required thought and attention
outside of the whirlwind motormouth tatblast experience inside the studio.
in fact,
my longest standing client, joe,
who i've been tattooing from the first week i moved up here,
brought me something exxxtra-expert the other day.
check the liberte-type teleport:
mmmmmhmmmmm.
tubos excelentes, para mi cara.
filthy stink-sticks, brought back to the states,
and delivered here,
straight from a warm vacation paradise somewhere in the atlantic.
that's right, neighbors.
my best people know about what's dope.
actually,
it always humbles me for a quick second when anyone thinks about me
when they're off doing their own fun thing somewhere.
y'know?
who thinks of their cranky tattooer when they're off gallivanting in the far-flung
recesses of the world, indulging the excesses of leisure and luxury.
i mean,
damn, that's awfully nice.
i just hope i really deserve that consideration.
i'm gonna fire up those stumps, anyway,
even if i don't merit 'em.
you know the rules, guys-
smoke 'em if you've got 'em,
...and i've got 'em.
-
i'm luckier than i sometimes recognize,
and i'm living a pretty dreamy Folk Life.
if the only thing that sucks is my job,
but it's given me all the best people i know?
maybe it's time to take time and reconsider how bad it really is,
and span and experience it without SO much grumplestiltskinning,
and maybe even try to enjoy it?
we'll see;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: